of Hickory, North Carolina
Would you like to be a part of the Sabre Society, but aren’t sure about the requirements for membership?
Here are a few important points about Sabre Society members:
- Some are pilots, most are not. Pilot experience is not required.
- Most feel compelled to preserve artifacts from aviation and military history.
- Most are interested in the history of the local Hickory area.
- Some are able to commit many hours per week, and some volunteer for simply one day per month.
- Some are able to provide extensive financial support, while some donate services and volunteer time
- All would be glad for you to be a part of the organization too!
The Hickory Aviation Museum needs your help! Keeping a museum running requires a staff of volunteers. Whether you are an aviation expert or have no experience with aviation, you can help provide crucial support to our organization. All you have to do to be a great volunteer is to come to meetings with an open mind, follow through with the committments that you accept, and be ready to help the museum grow.
Currently the museum has needs for tour guides, aircraft restoration, gift shop staff, construction of new exhibits, and general upkeep. If you are retired, or have days off during the week, you can be especially helpful by helping us expand the museum hours to be open during the week.
Volunteers can sign up by visiting the museum or contacting Jeff Wofford, Sabre Society President, via the “contact” link above, or at 828-612-5126.
Meetings are on the first Saturday of each month at 2:00pm. Come out and join us!